Carew Cheriton was recommissioned in 1938, initially with grass runways. From the early 1940s there were three concrete runways, making the station a Class A airfield. The airfield was used as a support station for the flying boat operations at RAF Pembroke Dock. Operational flying ceased in 1942.
On 15 April 1941 12 airmen were killed in a Luftwaffe air raid which hit the station’s sickbay.
In 1942 the station became No. 10 Radio School, a training camp for aircrew wireless operators.
RAF Carew Cheriton closed in 1945.